- Make sure WooCommerce is installed.
- Download the .zip file.
- Upload the entire ‘woocommerce-dymo-print’ directory into the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin by going to WooCommerce -> DYMO Print.
- Enter the license key for this plugin in our WP Fortune plugin to get support and updates.
Before you start using WooCommerce DYMO Print it’s important to configure the plugin correctly. You can find the WooCommerce DYMO Print settings page by click on (or hovering over) ‘WooCommerce’ in the WordPress admin panel and click on ‘DYMO Print’. You’ll now see the settings page where you can configure the plugin to your needs. You can define labels for shipping or for billing purposes.
Step 1: Choose which data to print
By default only the customer address (shipping or billing) is printed on the label. You can choose which data you want to print for shipping and billing labels.
Step 2: Label type and layout
Import a label file which is created in the DYMO Label Software (download from DYMO.com). Make sure you’re running the latest version. You’ll find more information about how to create a label file below.
How to: Print list of purchased products
Some of our customers use WooCommerce DYMO Print to print a list of all purchased products with their DYMO Labelwriter. This feature could be used for packaging. This video shows how to configure WooCommerce DYMO Print to print a list of all purchased products.
How to: Use multiple DYMO LabelWriters
In the next demonstration we show you how we use a DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo and a DYMO LabelWriter 450 to print multiple labels in different sizes for multiple purposes.
How to: Print barcodes & QR code
After this video tutorial you will be able to make your own label with barcode object which you can import in WooCommerce DYMO Print Pro.
What to do when WooCommerce DYMO print doesn’t print at all
If you’re a first time user of WooCommerce DYMO Print it’s possible you need to change your browser settings to allow printing.
We advise to use Firefox or Chrome for printing.
NOTE: If you’re experiencing problems in Chrome 42 you should read this article.
Instructions for Chrome
- Click on the Chrome Customize button in the upper right of your browser
- Find the Settings option
- Click on the “Show Advanced Options” link
- Click on the “Content Settings” button or browse to chrome://settings/content
- Verify that under Plug-ins that “Run Automatically” is selected
- You can check in the “Plug-in exceptions” to see if the site you are running the DYMO Label Framework from is set to “Allow” instead of “Block”
- Verify that “Unsandboxed plug-in access” is not set to “Do not allow any sites….”
Instructions for Internet Explorer
– coming soon –
Instructions for Firefox
– coming soon –
Instructions for Safari
– coming soon –
How to print order (meta)data on your DYMO labels
From WooCommerce DYMO Print version 2.3 it’s possible to print all order data and order meta data on your custom DYMO labels.
Print full country name on your label
Create a (new) label file with DYMO Label Software.
Make sure there is a label (text) object with the reference name COUNTRY. Download example label (right click, save as .label).
How to print custom order data and order custom fields on your labels
If you want to print custom order (meta)data on your DYMO label, please follow instructions below.
Create a new label file in DYMO Label Software. Insert an object and changes it’s reference name.
- For order data use the order data name as reference name in CAPS.
- For order custom fields (= order metadata) use the order metadata name as reference name in CAPS without the leading underscore (_).
Example printing the customer note
The customer note is order data and has the name customer_note.
If you want to print the customer note, create a label with reference name CUSTOMER_NOTE. Download example label (right click, save as .label)
Example printing the customer VAT
If you’re using the WooCommerce EU VAT Number plugin you could print the VAT Number on your labels. This plugin creates a new order custom field with data name VAT Number.
If you want to print the VAT Number, create a label with reference name VAT NUMBER. Download example label (right click, save as .label)
Full list of all order data and custom order fields Order data
Custom order fields (order meta data)
This list shows only default custom order fields. Plugins may add custom fields to this list.
Plugin versions below 2.5 are not compatible with the new DYMO Label Software and can give problems during printing. Please upgrade to WooCommerce DYMO Print 2.5 or above.