Debug DYMO Framework
This documentation describes the process of creating labels with DYMO Label Software. We advise to use DYMO Connect for Windows. We’re currently working on new documentation. However the principles are still the same, so the documentation below will help you also if you use DYMO Connect.
Mac users: We advise to use DYMO Label Software version 8.7.5 or above.
This page contains all kind of information to debug any problems that could occur during printing. Please read it carefully if you’re experiencing any problems.
Empty Cache + Hard Refresh
Most problems caused by your browser not connecting correctly with the DYMO drivers. In most cases this can be solved by following both two steps:
- Completely empty your browser history.
- Use CTRL+F5 (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (Mac) to Hard Refresh your browser. You might need to repeat this step on every page where DYMO plugin is running.
DYMO Framework not installed
WooCommerce DYMO Print can not connect to the DYMO Framework. Please check the following:
- Do you have the latest version of DYMO Connect (Windows) or DYMO Label Software (Mac) installed on your OS?
Windows users: Install DYMO Connect version 1.3.2 or higher
Mac users: Install DYMO Label Software version 8.7.5 or higher.
- Is the DYMO Web Service running?
If not: Start DYMO Web Service
- Are you able to print from the DYMO Label Software on your OS?
If not: Reinstall DYMO Label Software.
- Is the DYMO LabelWriter connected to your OS?
If not: Connect it.
- Do you have enough labels in your DYMO LabelWriter? In other words: is the printer not out-of-paper?
If not: Insert new labels in your LabelWriter.
Please contact us if you’ve checked all 5 above and you’re still not able to print. Copy-paste the DEBUG log inside your support ticket.
Web Service not running
Read the following article when you get a notification that the DYMO Web Service is not working.
Printer not found
The printer you have selected can not be found or is not connected to your system. Please check the following:
- Have you selected a printer for the label you want to print?
If not: Select a printer.
- Is the printer connected to your OS?
If not: connect it.
- Are you able to print from the DYMO Connect / DYMO Label Software on your OS?
If not: reinstall DYMO Connect / DYMO Label Software.
- Is the DYMO Web Service running on your OS?
If not: Start DYMO Web Service
Please contact us if you’ve checked all 4 above and you still get this error message.
No label preview
WooCommerce DYMO Print is able to create a preview of the selected label. This is a preview of the label as you’ve created it in DYMO Connect / DYMO Label Software. It’s does not show any realtime WooCommerce data, as it is just an image.
In some cases the plugin is not able to create a preview of the label. This could have three reasons:
- The label you’ve uploaded is corrupt. Solution: We advise to upload the label again.
- The label contains an image. Solution: There is no solution for this problem.
- You’re using iThemes Security or another plugin which blocks connections to the label-file or DYMO Framework. Solution: Check your settings in iThemes Security.
iThemes security plugin
If you’ve iThemes Security plugin installed it could block all local connections with the DYMO Web Service. In this case the plugin will not print any labels.
See this animation for solution.
Step by step instructions
To fix this issue go follow these steps:
- Go to Security -> Settings
- Find the option “Banned Users”
- Click on “Configure Settings” button
- Disable (uncheck) option “Default Blacklist – Enable HackRepairs.com’s blacklist feature”
- Save settings
Still no solution?
Please send us a support request if you’re still not able to print labels after reading the documentation. Copy-paste the DEBUG log from the plugin inside your support ticket.