- Make sure WooCommerce is installed.
- Download the .zip file.
- Upload the entire ‘woocommerce-parcelware-for-postnl’ directory into the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin by going to WooCommerce -> Parcelware (see ‘Getting started’ on this page for more information).
- Enter the license key for this plugin in our WP Fortune plugin to get support and updates.
Choose the right Parcelware version
It’s important to choose the right Parcelware version (web or desktop) before you create exports. You can do this under the ‘Settings’ tab on the settings page of the plugin.
Customize the export filename
Before you start creating exports, you can choose your own filename for the exported file if you want. You can do this under the ‘Settings’ tab on the settings page of the plugin. This is not required, by default the filename is called ‘parcelware-export’.
PostNL Parcelware version
- Parcelware version – Here you can choose which version of Parcelware you want to create the exports for. The exported csv file differs for each version, so it’s important to choose the right Parcelware version.
- Use for Quick Export – Check this option if you want to enable the conditions for the export (which you can set below this setting) also for Quick export. If not enabled, all orders (of course within your given timeframe and with a given order status) will be exported using Quick export.
- Shipping method – Choose which shipping methods are allowed for export.
- Minimum shipping cost – Here you can define the minimum shipping costs an order needs to be to be added to the export.
- Change order status – If you choose an order status here, all exported orders will be changed to this status after they are exported. For example, you can change all exported orders to ‘processing’, since the order is now in the shipping process.
- Export filename – You can define your own filename for export. Please fill in a name without the .csv extension, this will be done automatically.
- Parcelware Contract name – You can customize the Parcelware Contract name to your needs.
- Parcelware Costcentre – You can customize the Parcelware Costcentre name to your needs.
- Order actions column button – If you enable this option, on the order overview page in the administration panel, an extra button will appear. Using this button you can quickly export a single order.
- Add shipping costs – You can make the shipping costs visible on the order overview page in the administration panel. There are two options:
- To export button inside Actions column – The shipping costs will be added to the actions column button (you need to enable the setting above to make this work).
- To Shipping column – The shipping costs will be added to the ‘Ship to’ column.
Customer & extra services settings
- Replace address field – By default there is only one billing / shipping address field available. You can choose to let the plugin split the address field into more fields (Street, Number and Extension). This way the exports become more reliable, since Parcelware expects the address to be splitted into the street, number and extension.
- Use address 2 – Uncheck this option if you want to disable the second address field (apartment, suite, unit)
- Customer delivery by neighbours – If you enable this option, an extra checkbox will appear on the cart page where a customer can choose to not deliver a package by a neigbour when the package cannot be delivered.
- Default PostNL Services – Here you can choose which PostNL Services need to be on by default when a new order is created. You cannot select ‘Rembours’ here, since the price is depending on the order price and can therefore not be defined here.
Restore order status(es)
If the ‘Change order status‘ setting is other than ‘No’, all exported files will be changed to this status after export. In case something went wrong, you can always restore the order status(es) of the last export you made. You can click the ‘View backup information’ to see which orders will be restored to which status.
Create an export
There are three ways of creating an export with the WooCommerce Parcelware For PostNL plugin.
With the Quick export method you can easily export all orders within a specific timeframe and (optionally) with a specific order status. You can find the Quick export method on the plugin settings page. To create a quick export, follow the next steps:
- Choose a ‘Date from’ date.
- Choose a ‘Date to’ date.
- Choose an order status (optional).
Notice: If you have the ‘Use for Quick export’ setting enabled, it will use the ‘Export settings‘ to define which orders may appear in the export. So if the orders in your export are different than you expected, please check you Export settings.
The last export method is the Single export. With this export method you can export a single order. The single export method ignores the Export settings. There are two ways of export a single order:
- If you have the ‘Order actions column button’ setting enabled, you can export a single order by clicking on this button on the order overview page.
- When you’re on the order detail page, you will see two buttons on your right:
Because the Single export method ignores the Export settings, the color of the button image can change. If you see an orange image, the order matches the Export settings. If you see a grey image, the order doesn’t match the Export settings, but you can still click on the button to export this order.
- By setting up default PostNL Services. See the ‘Customer & extra services settings‘ section what this means and how to use this.
- By selecting which PostNL Services are needed for an order on the order detail page. You will see the PostNL Services on your right on the order detail page, just below the Export buttons.